Pumpkin has been getting all of the love round right here, I’m not going to lie, I admit I get a bit of obsessed within the fall, since I’m pumpkin disadvantaged the remainder of the yr and it’s certainly one of my all time favourite issues. However you recognize what else is my favourite factor? Candy potatoes and yams! Which is why I made a decision to offer some candy potatoes the dessert remedy final week as an alternative of simply reaching for the canned pumpkin instantly. Candy potatoes are even sweeter than pumpkin and simply as scrumptious in desserts in any case. I normally simply eat them within the type of yam fries, my all time favourite candy potato savory factor to make, however that’s yr spherical. I really feel like baking extra candy consolation meals objects like muffins round this time of the yr, so that’s what I made with the candy potatoes! Some Candy Potato Cream Cheese Muffins!
Usually occasions additionally, I’ll roast candy potatoes and have leftovers and that’s what I take advantage of for these. Simply reduce them in half, and place them reduce aspect down in a 375F diploma oven and roast till tender, about 45 minutes to at least one hour. Let cool, then mix up within the blender or meals processor and they’re prepared for utilizing in recipes like this one. However in fact you may get canned candy potato puree on the retailer if you do not have time to roast them. Simply ensure the one ingredient is nice potatoes they usually aren’t the sweetened sort.
For these muffins, I wished the bottom to be candy however not use sugar, so I used dates to sweeten them together with the candy potatoes to offer them a pleasant comfortable texture. That they had a little bit of a caramel taste too because of the dates! Additionally, I added a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg as a result of they’re beautiful with candy potatoes! The batter tasted so good even earlier than it was baked into muffins! For the cream cheese, I wished it to style as wealthy as conventional cream cheese, so I used a mix of Dastony uncooked cashew butter from Uncooked Guru and coconut cream (the unsweetened form), plus a little bit of maple syrup and it was heavenly!
I couldn’t wait to attempt these! The weather tasted wonderful even earlier than assembling them and baking them, they usually smelled heavenly whereas baking. Fortunately muffins do not take lengthy to bake, so I did not have to attend lengthy. They had been sooo crave worthy! The candy potato base was comfortable and light-weight with a caramel and spice taste and it paired completely with the candy, wealthy cream cheese filling! These are form of like cupcakes with cream cheese frosting however it’s on the within as an alternative of the highest! In case you are a fan of cream cheese frosting or filling and candy potatoes, undoubtedly give these a attempt! It’s the good time of yr to do some baking!
Vegan Candy Potato “Cream Cheese” Muffins
Makes 10 customary sized muffins
“Cream Cheese” Filling:
- 1/Three cup plus 2 Tbsp thick coconut milk or unsweetened coconut cream (from the highest of a calming can)
- 1/Three cup Dastony uncooked cashew butter (or almond butter may even work right here)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/Four tsp cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/16 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/Four cups Bob’s Pink Mill all objective gluten free flour*
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/Four tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/Four tsp nutmeg
- 2/Three cup packed comfortable medjool dates, pitted, soaked in water for 30 minutes and 1/2 cup of the soaking water reserved
- 2 Tbsp Dastony uncooked cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup candy potato puree
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375F levels and place rack in heart of oven. Set out 10 customary sized muffin tins.
- To make the cream cheese, whisk collectively all the cream cheese substances till clean, and put aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and sea salt in a big bowl to mix properly. Put aside.
- Place dates, reserved water, cashew butter, candy potato puree, and vanilla extract right into a blender, and mix till clean, then whisk this blended combination into the flour combination till properly blended. Whisk within the cider vinegar till bubbles type.
- Switch batter to ready tins, filling them 2/Three full, then place the cream cheese combination right into a pastry bag (or ziplock bag with the nook reduce off) and squeeze little of the cream cheese combination into the highest of every one (placing the tip about 1/Four inch into the batter). Place within the oven, and bake truffles till tester inserted into heart comes out clear, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool earlier than having fun with, retailer any further within the fridge.
*If you wish to make these not gluten free, use natural entire wheat pastry flour as an alternative, the identical quantity.