This week I had an opportunity to take a break from my very own recipe creation and dive proper into baking from my Aussie-based running a blog pal Anthea Cheng’s new cookbook, Unimaginable Plant-Based mostly Desserts. I gotta say, it’s one of many loveliest cookbooks I’ve ever owned. The desserts are wonderful with a colourful, vibrant, and quirky vibe. The images is straight up attractive and galvanizing. I even love the matte paper and the scent of the guide haha.
One in every of my favourite issues from the guide have been these gluten-free vegan chocolate brownie peanut butter sandwich cookies, which Anthea allowed me to share right here with you on the weblog (scroll down for the recipe) as a small pattern of the scrumptious issues in retailer do you have to determine to seize a duplicate of her cookbook or take a look at her creations over on her web site Rainbow Nourishments. You possibly can have a little bit peek contained in the guide over on my instagram web page in the event you’re curious.
Anthea’s lovely recipes are fairly versatile, with plenty of concepts of tips on how to customise issues for particular diets. All of the recipes are vegan, most are gluten-free.
Though I picked cookies from her guide, what I do know and admire Anthea most for are her completely gorgeous fairy tale-like desserts. You possibly can see a few of them on her instagram web page right here. <<< In case you’ve seen them, you’ll know I’m not exaggerating. Significantly proficient. Right here’s a must-see. Right here’s one other. You get the concept. Within the guide you could find recipes for some actually attractive desserts too (amidst every kind of different colourful tastiness, after all).
Now about these cookie brownies… they have been completely delish and a breeze to make. Though I need to admit my model appears to be like a little bit on the “pudgier” aspect than Anthea’s authentic brookies :D. These are the unique cuties under so you possibly can see what they’re meant to appear like:
I made mine bigger, therefore the “pudginess”. In hindsight, smaller cookies make extra sense. However dimension apart, they have been fairly darn scrumptious. So no complaints from us right here. Apart from, it’s laborious to complain about extra cookie, proper? 😉
The brownie half may be very fudgey, moist, and chocolatey. And effectively, what are you able to say concerning the peanut butter + chocolate combo, aside from that it’s the perfect!
And if you see a snap of Anthea consuming cookies in her guide, you realize this particular person is severe about good sandwich cookies! 😀
Anywhoo, def give these sandwich cookies a strive — they’re soooo good with a glass of vanilla almond milk. And the brookies scent fantastic as they bake.
Within the guide she describes them as:
“Oh my, oh my, these brownie cookies — or brookies — are divine! A crispy and chewy cookie exterior envelopes essentially the most heavenly and fudgey brownie and a peanut butter filling. The brownie cookies are fairly decadent, so you might even have them with out the peanut butter filling. The almond meal provides the brownies moisture, which is sooo essential for any epic dessert. I used coconut flour within the filling to agency up the peanut butter so it doesn’t soften at room temperature, however you possibly can omit the flour and use straight up peanut butter.”
Thanks Anthea for this recipe and for the attractive guide!
And now to cookies… 🙂
A crispy and chewy cookie on the skin with a moist and fudgey brownie on the within, crammed with peanut butter. Vegan and gluten-free. Recipe from Unimaginable Plant-Based mostly Desserts by Anthea Cheng.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder or uncooked cacao powder
- 1 tbsp floor chia or flax seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder (gf)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup light-tasting vegetable oil, resembling sunflower
- ⅓ cup plant-based milk, resembling almond, soy, or coconut
Peanut Butter Filling
- ¾ cup clean or chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- maple, ice malt syrup, or some other plant-based liquid sweetener, to style
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To make the cookies: Add all brownie cookie dry substances to a medium-size bowl. Combine till mixed and there aren’t any lumps. Add the moist substances to the bowl and blend and squeeze together with your arms till mixed. The combination must be pliable sufficient to be rolled into balls. Add a splash of milk if crucial.
3. Seize about 2 tbsp of the batter, roll into balls, and flatten on a lined baking tray. Go away some area in between the cookies for spreading. Bake within the oven for 10-12 minutes or till the brownie cookies are dry to the contact. Enable them to chill on the baking tray and to set additional.
4. To make the peanut butter filling: Add all substances to a small bowl and blend till mixed. The filling ought to really feel like a moist dough.
5. To assemble: Scoop the peanut butter filling on prime of half of the brownie cookies. Sandwich the filling with the rest of the brownie cookies.
6. Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as Three days, within the fridge for 1 week, or within the freezer for as much as 1 month.
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks to Amazon.com for merchandise used to make the recipe.