Our traditional Boysenberry Jam is one for the books. It has been accredited from the sweetest grandma to the grizzliest lumberjack, and all these in between agree, it’s certain to thrill your senses.
Be at liberty to make use of different sweeteners that measure like sugar or honey on this recipe. For instance, you need to use Stevia within the Uncooked or one other Stevia product that measures like sugar, or Splenda that measures like sugar. It’s also possible to use a special liquid sweetener, like agave or maple syrup. Pomona’s Pectin comprises no sugar or preservatives and jells reliably with low quantities of any sweetener. See beneath for the place to purchase.
Earlier than You Start:
Put together calcium water. To do that, mix ½ teaspoon calcium powder (within the small packet in your field of Pomona’s pectin) with ½ cup water in a small, clear jar with a lid. Shake properly. Additional calcium water must be saved within the fridge for future use.
Boysenbery Jam Elements:
Four cups mashed boysenberries (about eight cups complete boysenberries)
1/Four cup lemon juice 2 teaspoons calcium water
½ cup as much as 1 cup honey or ¾ cup as much as 2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons Pomona’s Pectin powder
Boysenberry Jam Instructions:
1. Wash jars, lids, and bands. Place jars in canner, fill canner 2/Three full with water, deliver to a boil. Flip off warmth, cowl, and hold jars in sizzling canner water till prepared to make use of. Place lids in water in a small sauce pan; cowl and warmth to a simmer. Flip off warmth and hold lids in sizzling water till prepared to make use of.
2. Wash, take away any stems/particles and mash boysenberries. Measure fruit into sauce pan.
3. Add lemon juice and calcium water and blend properly.
4. Measure sugar or room temperature honey right into a bowl. Totally combine pectin powder into sweetener. Put aside.
5. Carry fruit combination to a full boil. Add pectin-sweetener combination, stirring vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes to dissolve the pectin whereas the jam comes again as much as a boil. As soon as the jam returns to a full boil, take away it from the warmth.
6. Fill sizzling jars to ¼” of prime. Wipe rims clear. Screw on 2-piece lids. Put stuffed jars in boiling water to cowl. Boil 10 minutes (add 1 minute extra for each 1,000 ft. above sea degree). Take away from water. Let jars cool. Verify seals; lids must be sucked down. Eat inside 1 yr. Lasts Three weeks as soon as opened.
Be aware: In case you’re undecided in case your jam is good sufficient, style it after the pectin is dissolved and jam has come again as much as a boil. Not candy sufficient? Add extra sweetener and stir 1 minute at full boil.