This put up is sponsored by Bob’s Pink Mill. See beneath for extra info.
Possibly on day I’ll cease sharing fritter recipes however in all probability not contemplating we eat them virtually each week. This fall model options cauliflower, rolled oats, and a stunning sunflower cream sauce.
Fritters for each season
I really like having fritter recipes for each season and virtually each vegetable. There’s one thing very satisfying a few crisp patty, anytime of the yr. These cauliflower ones are a bit on the wetter facet, so be affected person whenever you’re cooking. They should set/be golden all the way in which earlier than you attempt to flip.
Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled Oats
Relating to fritters, I often different between breadcrumbs, flour, or oatmeal as a the majority/binder assist. I really like utilizing the oats although as a result of it means these patties are gluten-free. I additionally at all times have Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled oats readily available due to the quantity of oatmeal and granola we eat in the home.
After all, no fritter could be full with out a unfold of some sort. Whereas I often go together with hummus, I believed I’d share one other one among my favourite choices (that works nicely for this recipe and for a myriad of different recipes). This sunflower cream is pleasant.
One caveat: the sunflower seeds do have a stronger taste in comparison with cashews. I really find it irresistible on this recipe with the cauliflower and herbs. You could possibly, nevertheless, change to cashews should you occurred to have them readily available.
Serve this with:
Lastly, I stored these easy by topping with just a few microgreens however the fritters would even be scrumptious with a full salad or roasted greens on the facet. I’ve additionally been identified to serve with a facet of marinated beans as nicely.
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup water
2 tablespoons minced recent chives
2 tablespoons minced recent parsley
1 tablespoon minced recent dill
1 cup Bob’s Pink Mill rolled oats
three cups cauliflower florets (see be aware)
¼ cup crumbled feta
2 massive eggs
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
Pinch of salt
Oil, for frying
Flakey Sea Salt
- An hour earlier than making this, soak the sunflower seeds in sufficient heat water cowl by an inch.
- When prepared to begin, pulse the rolled oats and cauliflower collectively till the cauliflower is in small items. Add the feta, baking powder, curry powder, and salt; pulsing once more to mix. Lastly, add the eggs and pulse just a few extra occasions till the combination comes collectively.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-low warmth. Add sufficient oil to cowl the underside of the pan. Barely moist your fingers, take about ¼ cup of the combination, form right into a patty and place into the pan. Alternatively, scoop the combination with a spoon, slide into the pan, and press down with the again of the spoon.
- Cook dinner the patties till the facet is deeply golden. Rigorously flip and repeat. If you happen to attempt to flip too early, the patties will crumble. Repeat with remaining combination.
- Whereas the fritters are cooking, drain the water from the sunflower seeds and place in a blender with ½ cup of recent water, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Puree till easy, including a splash extra water as wanted to skinny sufficient to mix.
- Serve the fritters with a ramification of sunflower cream and prime with the microgreens.
After I say three cups, it’s a mounded three cups which labored out to be about ½ head of medium cauliflower.
Key phrases: cauliflower fritters
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Pink Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this website working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.