What makes this pizza Hawaiian? A basic combo of tomato sauce, cheese, ham and pineapple. What makes it completely different is all being stuffed into zucchini boats. Along with being ridiculously straightforward to make, they’re a tasty and wholesome technique to fulfill a pizza craving! Every serving has 156 energy, 5 grams of fats and simply 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
2 (16 ouncestotal) medium zucchini (eight ounces every)
1(14 oz) jar pizza or pasta sauce (divided, about 2 cups), see procuring suggestions
½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
⅛ teaspoon purple pepper flakes
Black pepper, to style
2 ounces ham, chopped (½ cup)
2 slices from an eight ounce can, pineapple slices, drained and chopped (refrigerate the remaining for one more use)
½ cup onions, finely diced. cooked in microwave for 1 minute to melt
½ cup mozzarella cheese, (for Paleo, no cheese)
Four teaspoons Parmesan cheese (for Paleo, no cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 400 levels.
2. To make zucchini boats: Reduce zucchini in half lengthwise. Place on a microwave-safe plate and warmth in microwave for two minutes, to melt a bit of. Utilizing a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh. Make sure to go away ¼ inch thick inside zucchini boats. Put aside. (toss the flesh or save and add to a different dish akin to a stir-fry or soup)
3. Place 1 cup sauce in backside of a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Place zucchini boats lower facet up in pan. In a small bowl, add 1 cup sauce. Season with Italian seasonings and purple pepper flakes and pepper. Stir in ham, pineapple and softened onions. Combine properly.
4. To fill zucchini boats: To every, add a rounded ¼ cup tomato sauce filling, press all the way down to set. Prime every with 1-2 tablespoons pizza sauce. Sprinkle every with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and prime every with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat for remaining zucchini boats. Cowl with foil and bake 30-35 minutes till zucchini is cooked and smooth.
5. Make sure to use a spatula to scoop out every zucchini boats to position on every plate. Add some sauce round every boat from the underside of pan, if desired.
Makes Four servings. Every serving, 1 Hawaiian Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boat.
The Hawaiian pizza doesn’t come from wherever close to Hawaii. It comes from Ontario, and was concocted in 1962 in a restaurant serving typical midcentury meals with none specific focus.
Do you know Hawaiian pizza is the preferred pizza in Australia?
There are a number of manufacturers of jarred pizza sauce. I take advantage of Dealer Joe’s, Classico, Prego’s or Ragu pizza sauce. Should you can’t discover it, use your favourite jar of pasta sauce.
To make it a totally, satisfying meal, I really like serving these pizza boats with my recipe for SUPER LOW CALORIE CAESAR SALAD ON A STICK or LOW CARB SALAD ON A STICK, ITALIAN-STYLE
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 4
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 Hawaiian Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boat
156 energy, 5g fats, 2g sat. fats, 18mg chol, 11g prot, 20g carbs, 4g fiber, 640mg sod, 11g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
120 energy, 2g sat. fats, 6g sugar, 10g protein