Consider this tremendous minimal granola recipe as an awesome introduction to the huge and scrumptious world of home made granola. It’s a world of infinite potentialities and actually lengthy ingredient lists, so this 7-ingredient recipe is right here to convey every little thing right down to earth for a second. This granola offers off some stable chocolate banana bread vibes, and may simply be personalized to fulfill all of your granola wants 🙂
Mashed bananas and maple syrup act because the glue that creates these irresistible granola clusters and eliminates the necessity for any oil on this recipe. Cacao counteracts the sweetness of the bananas and maple with its earthy bitterness and brings some decadence to the in any other case modest substances. The majority of the granola is made up of two elements rolled oats to 1 half walnuts, and that is the place you can begin taking part in round with no matter substances you wish to use. Sustaining the ratio of nuts to oats the perfect you may, add different nuts or seeds as an alternative of or along with the walnuts. You may also add different superfood powders, dried fruit, or desiccated coconut. It’s an awesome pantry clear out possibility.
Simply yesterday, I did a mini clear out utilizing this recipe. I swapped out among the oats for dried coconut, and added pumpkin and chia seeds together with the walnuts. It got here out completely scrumptious, and I actually can’t be trusted round a freshly baked tray of these things.
Hope you’ll give it a attempt! And we’d love to listen to about your customizations 🙂
The Easiest Chocolate-Banana Granola (Oil-Free!)
- Three very ripe bananas (1 cup banana puree)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (gf if wanted)
- 1 cup chopped untoasted walnuts or different nuts/seeds (or a mixture of some)
- Preheat oven to 350° F (176° C). Put together a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Mash the bananas in a big bowl till clean. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, cacao, and a beneficiant pinch of sea salt, and blend till clean. Add the rolled oats and walnuts/different nuts to the bowl and blend to coat.
- Switch the combination to the ready baking sheet, flattening it out with the again of a spoon and spreading it out considerably evenly over the complete sheet.
- Place the baking sheet within the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take away the baking sheet from the oven and flip the granola, breaking it up into smaller clusters (in order that the items have an opportunity to dry out). Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, mixing periodically, till the granola is dry and crispy. It’s going to crisp up much more as soon as it cools. Let cool and hold in an hermetic container.