A favorite Mediterranean impressed gluten free cake created by creator & recipe developer Sophie Stokes from www.insofiaskitchen.com.au
three cups almond meal
½ cup gluten free plain flour
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
2 massive eggs, flippantly crushed
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon floor nutmeg
½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line with baking paper an 8” spring type baking tin.
- In a big bowl, mix almond meal, flour, sugars, butter and salt. Rub with fingertips till combination resembles breadcrumbs.
- Spoon half of this combination into baking tin, urgent right down to cowl base.
- With remaining combination, add eggs, yogurt and nutmeg, beating with a picket spoon till clean and creamy.
- Pour moist combination over base, smoothing out to a flat floor. Sprinkle pistachios over cake and bake till golden and cooked by means of for about 35 – 40 minutes. Cool, sift icing sugar on high.
Serves 8 – 10
LOVE to be taught extra about cooking the Mediterranean approach?
Why not be a part of us for our FREE Mini Mediterranean Cooking Workshop Nov 2!
The attractive Sophie from In Sofia’s Kitchen shall be sharing extra of her favorite Greek impressed recipes with a stay demo & yum style testing. All gluten free in fact!
Or perhaps you’d love our all inclusive escapes to Greece?!
We’re taking bookings now for our GLUTEN FREE GREECE Tour 2020,
hosted by Sophie from In Sofia’s Kitchen and Jane from Gluten Free Pleasure.
Head HERE for MORE INFO
or direct all enquiries to Jane:
[email protected] | +61 0422 416575