Post sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. See beneath for a lot more specifics.
As we prepare for Mack to head to college, I’ve been operating on my tiny-finger lunch game. He’s a strong eater but I do like possessing entertaining possibilities. Plus, these vegetable crepes are not just for little ones. I enjoy to pack these cream cheese roll-ups for auto trips and hiking trips.
Why Crepes for Cream Cheese Roll-ups?
I enjoy a great lunch sandwich but often we do not have bread or I like some thing a small lighter. These crepes are quick to make after you get the hang of the pan swirl and ideal of all, you can make significant batches to freeze.
Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Flour
A single of the other causes I enjoy crepes: they are super quick to make with option flours. Complete wheat is my go-to which is why I was excited to make these crepes with Bob’s Red Mill Complete Wheat flour. Of course, you could usually switch it up and use all-objective or even oats (like in these other savory crepes I’ve produced!)
Although there are some brands of vegan cream cheese, which you could quickly use, I choose to mix it up a bit. My favored way to make these vegan is use a great hummus. The hummus functions nicely with the herbs. Other possibilities involve roasted garlic, roasted red pepper, and/or sun dried tomatoes.
Lastly, when it comes to the vegetables, use what ever you have on hand. These wraps are forgiving and seriously perform with something. Beyond the fresh vegetables, roasted vegetables or grilled vegetables perform as nicely. I locate these entire wheat crepes can seriously go any path you may possibly want to take them.
½ cup white entire wheat flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
two significant eggs
½ cup + two tablespoons entire milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
four ounces cream cheese, space temperature
two tablespoons fresh minced dill
two tablespoons fresh minced flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
three to four tablespoons milk
1 ½ cups shredded carrots
1 ½ cups shredded cucumbers
1 avocado, chopped
1 cup minced bell pepper
1/two cup minced red onions
two cups chopped spinach
- Whisk with each other flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter till smooth. Alternatively, combine every little thing in a blender and puree till nicely combined.
- Heat 8″ skillet more than medium-low heat and lightly grease with butter. Spot a scant ¼ cup of batter in pan. Tilt/swirl the pan so that the batter covers the whole bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 30 to 60 seconds, till the edges commence to peel away from the sides of the pan and appear golden. Flip and cook for a further 20 to 30 seconds. Adjust heat larger/reduced based on how rapidly the crepe is cooking. Layer completed crepes, slightly overlapping, on a plate or wax paper.
- To make the cream cheese, whip with each other the space-temp cream cheese with the herbs, salt, and pepper. Add a splash or two of milk as necessary to thin sufficient that the cream cheese is quickly spreadable.
- Subsequent, prep the vegetables as necessary. When the crepes are completed, spread a thin layer of cream cheese more than the crepe and leading with a sprinkle of the vegetables and spinach. Roll and slice as preferred: into bite-sized pieces for kid friendly or in half for a good adult version.
I like to cook-up all the crepes but freeze about half for later use (or the opposite route, double the crepe recipe and freeze as nicely). You can use these crepes for so a lot a lot more!
Keywords and phrases: cream cheese roll-ups
Disclosure: This recipe was developed in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All thoughts and opinions are my personal. It is content material like this that assists me retain this website operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see every single week.